We are very pleased to be able to share our news today as we officially launch NetGain Enterprise Manager 6.0. This release follows 18 months of deep development, integrating feedback gratefully received from our customers, and we are now taking to market a considerably superior product, with multiple new features and enhancements.
For the past three months, we have beta tested 6.0 extensively in several “live” customer environments, and the feedback has been both very positive and encouraging. The key enhancements we are introducing include:
- A brand new Web interface – as you can see in the image
- Physical and logical network topology discovery
- SLA management
- Extended monitoring coverage for more technologies
- A new generation firmware architecture (64-bit Linux & JRE)
- And vast improvements in performance and stability of our core monitoring engine
We are very proud of what we have achieved with 6.0 because we know that we are delivering the most comprehensive and complete infrastructure monitoring solution in the world, and we know this is true, because infrastructure monitoring is all that we do.
To provide you with further information on what is new with 6.0, please read on for more detail. We’re going to get a little bit techy here, but as it is IT decision makers most interested in, and benefiting from what we deliver, we know you won’t mind.
Web Interface – what’s new?
- We’ve revamped the GUI code to leverage on AJAX and HTML5 technologies
- We’ve developed powerful, intuitive and flexible dashboards and widgets
- You’ll experience a graphical device with technology views
- Significant improvements in Web interactivity and performance
- More intuitive graphical and dashboard screens make it almost no effort to learn
- More responsive and user-friendly
Network Topology Discovery – what’s new?
- Auto discovers and maps layer-2 (physical) and layer-3 (subnet) topologies
- Shows device and links status on topology maps
- Implemented in Flash for powerful animation and topology layout
- This is the “missing feature” customers have been asking for, making Enterprise Manager more complete
- Reflects network device and link status in an intuitive graphical view
SLA – what’s new?
- Different from business views, SLA management is a new feature that allows fine-grained definition and control of SLAs and the specific criteria that will contribute to SLA availability
- Allows accurate definition and measurement of SLA compliance, as defined and committed by IT departments to end users
Enhanced Monitors – what’s new?
As you’ve already been reading, we’ve made significant enhancements, and some of the key areas where customers will experience these major changes are with:
- Mainstream databases
- JDBC method for database monitoring
- Addition of 30+ new monitors covering various technologies
- Support for pure ‘agent-less’ monitoring
- Wider scope and finer-grained monitoring levels
- Monitoring is easier and quicker to deploy
Monitoring Engine – what’s new?
- Better performance achieved with revamp of SNMP protocol engine
- The ability to turn off engine code to reduce memory foot prints
- Supports up to 200 monitor workers – the last version supported 80
- Achieve three times improvement in SNMP-based monitoring
- There is now less chance of “system busy” errors
Firmware architecture – what’s new?
- Support for 64-bit Linux and Java JRE
- Remove the “2GB” memory limit of 32-bit JRE
- The “Out Of Memory” issue has been fully resolved and customers are experiencing improved stability
- High scalability that extends monitoring capability for as much as 10,000 device nodes
We are extremely proud of this new version and do not believe that any other company can offer the complete monitoring service that we have been developing and enhancing for the last decade. It is the cutting edge of infrastructure monitoring, and as more organisations understand the need to move to a managed service for their infrastructure monitoring needs, we believe that NetGain Systems is the company best positioned to deliver on the promise of this monitoring nirvana.
If you would like to know more about NetGain Enterprise Manager 6.0, please just drop us a line and it will be our pleasure to provide you with a product demonstration. Alternatively, if you would like more information on Infrastructure Monitoring as a Service (IMaaS), we are happy to share. In fact, expect a Whitepaper on this very topic soon.
The NetGain Team
Below is our press release that we issued today if you are interested.
NetGain Systems Launches NetGain Enterprise Manager 6.0
A Major Evolution in World’s First Infrastructure Monitoring Technology Integrates Intensive Customer Feedback
Singapore, 15th December 2011, NetGain Systems (www.netgain-systems.com), delivering world-class IT Infrastructure Monitoring as a Service (IMaaS), today announced the launch of its much-anticipated NetGain Enterprise Manager™ 6.0. NetGain’s flagship product, it is the world’s first intelligent, plug-and-play appliance that pre-emptively monitors IT infrastructure in real-time. With the first version launched more than a decade ago, it has recently undergone 18 months of deep development, integrating intensive feedback from customers, and is now a considerably superior product, with multiple new features and enhancements.
“This is a major product upgrade for NetGain Enterprise Manager™, and we are extremely proud to be announcing it today,” said Soon Seah Toh, CEO and Founder of Singapore-based NetGain Systems. “We have a very strong and supportive customer base across Asia, all 100 percent committed to NetGain Systems and our Service, so being able to deliver a product that meets their exact requirements is very satisfying for our team, as excellent customer service remains our number one business priority.
“Customers will experience a brand new Web interface, physical and logical network topology discovery, SLA management, extended monitoring coverage for more technologies, a new generation firmware architecture of 64-bit Linux and JRE, as well as vast improvements in performance and stability of our core monitoring engine.”
For the past three months, NetGain Enterprise Manager™ 6.0 has been extensively beta tested in several ‘live’ customer environments, and the feedback has been very positive. The core product driving NetGain’s Monitoring Command Centre (MC²) Service, NetGain Enterprise Manager™ 6.0 uses intelligent and lightweight agents (or probes) to periodically collect and monitor status and performance information from diverse and complex IT environments, such as network devices, servers, databases, applications, and more. The information is validated against pre-defined thresholds or policies to generate notifications about potential breakdowns, which are sent to IT personal, via email, SMS, audio alarms or popup windows. This data is also used to generate management reports on demand.
“We are very proud of what we have achieved with NetGain Enterprise Manager 6.0 because we know that we are delivering the most comprehensive and complete infrastructure monitoring solution in the world, and we know this is true, because infrastructure monitoring is all we do,” concluded Mr. Toh.
Effective IT infrastructure monitoring is one of the most basic and necessary requirements for any IT department today. NetGain’s philosophy is simple – no matter how big or small a business, IT is a mission-critical asset, no exceptions. By delivering Infrastructure Monitoring as a Service (IMaaS), NetGain evolves with its customers. IMaaS delivers the flexibility of in-house development, with the ease of working with an outsourced provider that delivers a very mature and complete monitoring framework, all at a very low cost (OPEX model), and delivered as a service. The core product driving this service is NetGain Enterprise Manager™ 6.0.
What are the benefits of IMaaS?
- Frees-up IT professionals to deliver higher-value services
- Gets IT professionals out of fire-fighting mode
- IT teams can react to problems BEFORE they occur
- Reduces operational costs, frustrations and IT complexity
- Allows a company to manage all IT-controlled assets, including real-time insights, reducing down-time
- Perform optimally on-site, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment
- Cost efficiencies leave budget for more strategic IT assets, which can be seamlessly integrated under MC²
About NetGain Systems
NetGain Systems delivers the world’s first plug & play Infrastructure Monitoring as a Service (IMaaS), which means our customers are proactive rather than reactive. We combine performance, availability, event, and impact management with predictive analytics that detect and reduce time to repair – and we achieve this BEFORE our customers or the services they offer are negatively impacted. Launching our global headquarters in Singapore in 2002, we have since opened offices across Asia Pacific, delivering our highly regarded and award winning IT Infrastructure Monitoring as a Service to more than 200 of the regions’ Fortune 500 companies. Our customers cover all industry sectors, large and small, including Nanyang Technological University, China Mobile, Murphy Oil Corporation, CIMB Group, Alverina Hospital, amongst others, and we were the infrastructure monitoring partner for the Beijing Olympics 2008 and the Singapore Youth Games 2010. We are proud to deliver a service that is cost-effective, extremely easy-to-use, and grows with our customers as they grow and evolve. You can learn more about NetGain Systems at www.netgain-systems.com, or ‘Like’ us on Facebook @NetEzen.